[collapsible_set class=”warranty-collapsible-set”][collapsible title=”Detecto General Warranty”][shareLink url=”http://www.detecto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Warranty_Detecto1.pdf” type=”PDF” title=””][/collapsible][collapsible title=”Detecto Medical Cart Warranty”][shareLink url=”http://www.detecto.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Warranty_Detecto_Medical-Carts.pdf” type=”PDF” title=””][/collapsible][collapsible title=”Detecto HealthySole Warranty”][shareLink url=”http://www.detecto.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Warranty_Detecto_HealthySole.pdf” type=”PDF” title=””][/collapsible][collapsible title=”Detecto Dump Commander Warranty”][shareLink url=”http://www.detecto.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Dump-Commander_Warranty.pdf” type=”PDF” title=””][/collapsible][collapsible title=”Warranty Service Procedures”][shareLink url=”http://www.cardinalscale.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Warranty_Service_Procedures.pdf” type=”PDF” title=”Warranty Service Procedures”][/collapsible][collapsible title=”Warranty Charges SV Form”][shareLink url=”http://www.detecto.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Warranty-Charges-SV-Form.pdf” type=”PDF” title=”Warranty Charges SV Form”][/collapsible][collapsible title=”Returns Policy”][shareLink url=”http://www.cardinalscale.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Returns_Policy_Cardinal-Detecto.pdf” type=”PDF” title=”Returns Policy”][/collapsible][/collapsible_set]
Customer must call in or e-mail Detecto’s Customer Service Dept. and request a Return Authorization (RA) number.
Email: email@example.com • Toll-free: 1-800-641-2008
- Customer must provide original sales order or purchase order number at time of request for RA.
- Product must be packaged for return, either in original packaging or in packaging that will prevent damage in transit.
- RA number must be written on the outside of the packaging or the shipping label must be attached as provided on confirmation paperwork from customer service.
- A minimum 25% restock fee applies to any item returned for any reason other than manufacturing defect.
- A reduced restock of 10% will be offered if a re-order of greater value is placed at the time the RA is requested. The returned item must be returned in good unused condition and packaged appropriately to prevent damage in return shipment.
- Calling the Tech Support Dept. or returning product at Tech Support’s recommendation does not waive the requirements for proper packaging or how restock is applied.
- Manufacturing defect is determined at the time the RA is received by Detecto and evaluated by Quality Assurance.
- Detecto Scale is the sole judge of what constitutes a manufacturing defect.
Detecto — Statement of Limited Warranty – General Warranty
Detecto Scale warrants its equipment to be free from defects in material and workmanship as follows: Detecto warrants to the original purchaser only that it will repair or replace any part of equipment which is defective in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from date of shipment. Detecto shall be the sole judge of what constitutes a defect.
During the first ninety (90) days Detecto may choose to replace the product at no charge to the buyer upon inspection of the returned item.
After the first ninety (90) days, upon inspection of the returned item, Detecto will repair or replace it with a remanufactured product. The customer is responsible for paying for the freight both ways.
This warranty does not apply to peripheral equipment not manufactured by Detecto; this equipment will be covered by certain manufacturer’s warranty only.
This warranty does not include replacement of expendable or consumable parts. This does not apply to any item which has deteriorated or damaged due to wear, accident, misuse, abuse, improper line voltage, overloading, theft, lightning, fire, water or acts of God, or due to extended storage or exposure while in purchaser’s possession. This warranty does not apply to maintenance service. Purchased parts will have a ninety (90) day repair or replacement warranty only.
Detecto may require the product to be returned to the factory; item(s) must be properly packed and shipping charges prepaid. A return authorization number must be obtained for all returns and marked on the outside of all returned packages. Detecto accepts no responsibility for items lost or damaged in transit.
Conditions Which Void Limited Warranty
This warranty shall not apply to equipment which:
- Has been tampered with, defaced, mishandled or has had repairs and modifications not authorized by Detecto.
- Has had serial number altered, defaced, or removed.
- Has not been properly grounded according to Detecto’s recommended procedure.
Freight Carrier Damage
Claims for equipment damaged in transit must be referred to the freight carrier in accordance with freight carrier regulations.
This warranty sets forth the extent of our liability for breach of any warranty or deficiency in connection with the sale or use of the product. Detecto will not be liable for consequential damages of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profit, delays or expenses, whether based on tort or contract. Detecto reserves the right to incorporate improvements in material and design without notice and is not obligated to incorporate improvements in equipment previously manufactured.
The foregoing is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied including any warranty that extends beyond the description of the product including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This warranty covers only those Detecto products installed in the forty-eight (48) contiguous continental United States.
Cardinal/Detecto Warranty Service Procedures
- Upon discovery of equipment malfunction, the Service Technician should attempt to isolate the problem and then consult with a member of Cardinal Tech-Support or Customer Service if a warranty claim is in order or if the equipment has failed due to abuse or misappropriate use.
- Refer to the Statement of Limited Warranty to determine eligibility for claim.
- If the determination of a possible warranty claim exists, it is IMPORTANT that the customer be advised of the following:
“Preliminary inspection indicates possible malfunctions in equipment and without further inspection we cannot determine whether repair of said equipment will be covered by warranty or will be charged to the customer.”
NOTE: This is an important step in securing payment from customers should it not be covered by a warranty claim.
After equipment has been repaired and placed back in service the following will apply:
- Claims MUST be submitted within thirty (30) days from the date the work is completed.
- Warranty form SV-118 MUST be completely filled out and submitted with the invoice to the Cardinal QA Manager for authorization of payment.
- Defective parts must be returned for factory evaluation and the Return Authorization referenced on the ISO document SV-118.
- Original equipment sales order MUST be listed and any corresponding replacement order numbers.
The following rates for warranty repair will be extended to all Cardinal Authorized Dealers:
- Labor — $45 per hour–*NO OVERTIME ALLOWED.
- Travel Time — $20 per hour.
*Maximum number of hours payable – Ten (10) — Under NO conditions is warranty work to be performed beyond the ten (10) hour limit without prior authorization from Cardinal Scale Mfg. Co. The name of the authorizing person MUST be noted on the SV-118 form next to the hours claimed.
- Total mileage and equivalent travel time not to exceed 200 miles.
- Mileage per mile — .50 pickup/van; $1.50 test truck
- NO equipment allowance without prior authorization. The authorizing person must be listed on the bottom of a copy of the invoice of the equipment purchased or rented and submitted with SV118D.
This service procedure only applies to items covered by Cardinal Scale published Statement of Limited Warranty.